Step by Step Guidelines to make Driving Licence Online:
Step 1 to make DL online:
- Go to the official website.
2. Select your state name from the drop down list. You will be directed to a new page.
3. Select the ‘Apply Online’ from the left panel. If you are applying for the first time. Then you should select the “Learning Licence” option. Press ‘Submit’ button.
4. A new page will be open, here you need to fill the application form carefully and press “Submit” button.
5. An acknowledgement will be generated which you can print by pressing the ‘Print’ button, then press ‘Next’ button.
Step 2 to make DL Online:
1. A new page will open showing your application status. Here you need to select the ‘Upload Documents’ and then ‘Proceed’. In the next page press ‘Ok’. Now select all the required Documents and Upload.
Step 3 to make DL Online:
1. Now you have to book a slot for your Learning Licence Test Appointment. A new page will open.
2. Select any available date as per your convenient timing. And press ‘Book Slot’ button.
Step 4 to make DL online:
1. Now get back to the website , and select “Fee/Payments” to pay the fees.
2. Enter the Application No. and DoB, then press the ‘Calculate Fee’ Button.
3. Enter the Payment Options, and press ‘Pay Now’ button. And then “Proceed For Payment”. Once the fees are paid you are done with the process. Go for the Test on Due Date and if successful then you will get your Learning Licence.
4. After One Month you can apply for your “New Driving Licence”. And this time you need to select the “New Driving Licence” tab from the “Apply Online” drop down menu. A new page will open. Enter the details and Press “OK”.
5. Rest of the procedure will be the almost same.
Question 1. Where should I learn driving from?
Answer: For the private vehicles – The learner should get training under the supervision of a Permanent driving licence holder or get trained from a motor driving training school.
For the commercial vehicles – You must undergo training either from Government Motor Driving School or Motor Driving Schools authorized by the State Government.
Question 2. Can I drive a car alone with the learning licence in India?
Answer: Legally it is not allowed to drive alone a vehicle, every time you drive should be accompanied by a permanent driving licence holder.
Question 3. In which foreign countries the Indian Driving licence is valid?
Answer: Indian DL is valid in the following countries:
- The United States of America
- South Africa
- The United Kingdom
- New Zealand
But first of all, you are advised to check any other document and format (translation of your DL in their language, such as German French) they require or not, as some of the countries may ask for International Driving Permit (IDP). The traffic rules, driving side and time period for driving is also differ in these countries. So, collecting the knowledge about them in advance would be better.
Question 4. Can I apply for driving licence from another state in India?
Answer: Yes you can, as the DL is valid throughout in India. But you must have one ID proof and one local address proof. And you must know driving as driving test is conducted at the RTO office.
Question 5. What happens if my learner’s licence expires?
Answer: Learner’s licence once expires can’t be renewed. You will have to start whole process again and apply for a fresh learner’s licence. After 30 days you can apply for permanent DL.