Step by step guidelines to make passport online –
apply Passport online – Steps to make passport online: Complete Guidelines.
Steps to make or apply passport online in India: Complete Guidelines –
1. Go to the official website of Passport Seva.
2. If you are already a registered user here then you can directly login by selecting the green button using your user id and password.
3. If you are visiting the website first time or not registered with it, then you need to register by selecting the “New User? Register Now” orange colour button.
4. A new page for registration will open. Fill all the necessary required details and submit the form by selecting the ‘Register’ button.
5. A confirmation email with a link will be sent to your email ID, go to the link to activate your account on Passport Seva.
6. Login to apply for the passport. After that go to the link “Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport”.
7. You will get two alternative options here; go to the link in Alternative 1 and Select State and District. After that in the ‘Passport Type’ field choose the options as per your requirement, then carefully fill all ‘Applicant Details’ and press button “Save My Details”.
8. Go to the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” page to schedule an appointment.
9. Choose Payment Mode and Pay the passport fee online. Once you pay and schedule book the passport appointment, you will have to go to the link “Print Application Receipt” take print out and visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked along with your original documents to process your application.
10. After that a police verification process initiated if required. Once the Police Verification Report (PVR) reached to Based on the recommendation report, your Passport will be printed and dispatched your address by speedpost.
Question 1. How can I apply passport online in India?
Answer: First of all you need to register in Passport Seva online portal of government of India. Then fill all the necessary required details in the application form. Pay the fees and book your appointment at your nearest PSK. Once all the necessary formalities including police verification will completed, your passport will be printed and dispatched to your address by speed post.
Question 2. What are the documents required to apply passport online in India?
Answer: A recent 4.5cm x 3.5cm size colour photograph, address, date of birth proof, Affidavit Annexure E and proof to claim Non-ECR category are the documents required to apply Passport online and offline. To know in detail please read our previous article.
Quesiton 3. What if my passport is lost or damaged, how can I get a duplicate passport?
Answer: First of all immediately file a report (FIR) at your nearest police station and inform PSK/PO. Then apply for duplicate passport and submit all necessary documents required along with the FIR copy and Affidavit Annexure L, it may take seven working days as in this case police verification is not required.
Question 4. What should I do if incorrect details have been printed on my passport?
Answer: In this case, please return the passport for necessary rectification. Further action will be decided by the Assistant Passport Officer (APO)/RPO. However, all the applicants are requested to apply passport online fill all the details carefully to ensure the passports are delivered to you without any typographical errors.
Question 5. Why do I need to apply for a reissue of passport?
Answer: There could be the several possible reasons for the re-issuance of passport like: Change in personal details, Exhaustion of pages, Damaged passport, Lost passport and Validity Expired.