What is screen lock
Screen lock is feature in window 8/8.1/10 which is made by the Microsoft. When you leave your laptop or computer for a while after work on it then it goes under the sleep mode after sometime.
When you return to your work on the laptop then it has a screen lock on it. You have to tap or swipe the screen for remove the screen lock. This screen lock gives to the window 8/8.1/10 for their privacy. Example: when you go for another work leaving your laptop as it is and come back after a long time then this screen lock saves you from the tracing. If someone is tracing you then after going to sleep mode of the laptop no one can trace you. And there is screen lock on it then he can’t do anything with your important information.
For the safety of your laptop do not remove the screen lock from the laptop. Here some tips are given to you for enable or disable the screen lock on the laptop or computer.
Ways to enable or disable the screen lock on window 10
By group policy editor program
Use the window +R button and you will get a run box. Type gpedit.msc and then select OK.
- Open the computer configuration option.
- Open the Administrative Templates option.
- Then open control panel.
- Then select the personalization option under the control panel.
- Select the Do not display the lock screen option on the right side.
You will get three options-
- Not configured
When you select the enabled and reboot your computer then you will not see the screen lock on window 10.
When you select the disabled or not configured option your screen lock will be enabled.
By registry editor program
Some version has not the group policy editor program then they use the registry editor program.
- Open the run box with the help of windows + R key.
- Type gpedit.msc on it and select OK.
- You will get a registry program
- Open the Computer
- Then open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Open the software
- Then open the policies
- Now open the Microsoft
- Go to the window option.
- Then go to the personalize option and use the right side button of the mouse and go to the new option.
- Select the DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Then select the Rename option on the newly created DWORD by the use of right side button of the mouse and type NoLockScreen.
- Select this option.
- Now you will get a box with option of value data. Type 1 on this option for disables the screen lock. And type 0 or delete for enabling the screen lock.
- After typing the 0 or 1 or delete select the OK option and reboot your laptop or computer.
That is how you can enable or disable the screen lock on window 10.