Best Mobile Processors – A Race to Become Fastest 2018
Most Powerful Mobile Processors – In every decade Technology has played an exceptional role to change the shape of the world and to make human life better than it was used to be. There was a time when people used to write letters to convey their message to the person who is far from them but that was a time taking process.
The need for faster delivery of message became the mother of invention of the telegraph and the telephone by which people got power to communicate with the person they want to in a very much faster way. But it had some limitations like you had to go to the post office to send a telegram or to a telephone booth so you can make a call. And to eradicate this problem we needed something extra cozy.
The race to become fastest, invented the mobile phones so the people can talk to anyone from anywhere they want to, and then, internet provided the freedom to people to write e-mails, live chat, video chat, send and receive voice and video messages.
A few years back, who had imagined that they could explore the world and do a lot of things in just their mobile phone; like talking over the phone, taking photos and video recording, playing songs, videos and games, internet search, emails, etc. But Technology made it possible too, with the invention of the smartphone. This helped a lot to humans, now they don’t have to carry different devices for all these different purposes; one smartphone is enough for all. To do so, each smartphone should be capable of to work efficiently. And this is done by a tiny processor.
So the question is what is a processor?
Processor – It is an integrated electronic circuit or a microchip which performs the operations on the data that is put into it. Its basic job is to receive input and provide the appropriate output.
The processor which is found in mobiles and cell phones is also called as a mobile processor. It is typically embedded in a smaller chip package, in order to run cooler; it uses lower voltages than a laptop and desktop and has more sleep mode capability. A mobile processors can be throttled down to different power levels or sections of the chip can be turned off entirely when not in use. Further, the clock frequency may be stepped down under low processor loads. This stepping down conserves power and prolongs battery life.
The core component of any smartphone is the processor. It helps to determine the operating speed of a smartphone on the basis of its clock speed and number of cores. One more thing is considered these days is SoC (System on a Chip), which consists of CPU (Central Processing Unit), GPU (Graphical Processing Unit), Wi-fi module, signal processor, and multimedia processor.
There is a list of few fastest mobile processors, let’s have a look:
- SnapDragon 835 – This processor is manufactured by a US-based company Qualcomm Technologies. They were recognized after they introduced CDMA technology in the market. Their active fields on which they also work are semiconductor designing for mobiles, satellite phones, tracking devices, virtual reality, wireless charging, communications, etc. When SnapDragon has first released it claims the first processor which had 1 GHz speed. SnapDragon 835 is a 64 bit ARM based SoC and has special features like its 27% faster performance which is achieved by inbuilt Adreno 540 (GPU), the chip size of 10 nm which reduced the size by 30%, consume 40% less power and produce less heat as compared to other processors. It is equipped with Quick Charge 4.0. At present, the mobile phones come with SnapDragon 835 are Samsung S8, HTC 11, Sony Xperia XZ, Google Pixel 2 and OnePlus 4 and 5.
- Exynos 9 Octa 8895 – Exynos is a brand of Samsung Electronics and based on 64 bit ARM architecture built on 10 nm FinFET process which allows up to 27% higher performance, 40% lower power consumption. This processor is equipped with 2.3 GHZ Quad Core (Custom CPU) + 1.7 GHz Cortex A53 Quad core and Mali G71 MP20 GPU capable to support for 3D gaming and 4K UHD (4096×2160) resolution. The Exynos 8895 is the first mobile processor in the industry to integrate a gigabit LTE modem which supports 5CA (Carrier Aggregation) for download link. It supports downlink speeds up to 1 Gbps with 5CA and uplink speeds of up to 150 Mbps with 2CA resulting in a faster and more stable mobile communication experience.
- A 10 Fusion – It is a 16 nm FinFET process, and a 64 bit ARM based SoC with speed of 2.4 GHz, designed by Apple Inc. and manufactured by TSMC. It is Apple’s first Quad core design, with 2 high performance cores and 2 energy efficient cores. Apple claims that it has 40% greater CPU performance, and 50% greater graphics performance compared to its predecessor, Apple A9.
Apple does not manufacture any processors; it makes the contract with processor manufacturing companies especially Samsung and TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd.). A9 14 nm processors were manufactured by Samsung while A9 16 nm version by TSMC.
- Tegra X1 – It is a brand of US based technology company, Nvidia Corporation, who is well known for their graphics cards and gaming units. It also develops the processors for the smartphones and tablets. Tegra processors are built on 20nm technology and 64 bit ARM architecture and its latest version in the market is Tegra X1. This powerful processor has Quad Core with 256 GPU cores capable of 4K videos capabilities, and currently used in Nvidia SHIELD Android TV. At present different Tegra versions are used different Smartphones and Tablets, like Tegra 4 in Asus Transformer PAD, HP Slatebook, Toshiba Excite, Xiaomi Mi3, XOLO Play Tegra Note, Tegra 4i in Blackphone and Tegra K1 in Nvidia SHIELD Tablet, Google Nexus 9, Acer Chromebook 13 and 14, Navi Big Tab.
- Helio X25 – MediaTek is a Taiwanese semiconductor company who manufactured the Helio X family processors. They are built on 64 bit ARM architecture and supports up to 3 GHz speed, comes in the variety of cores like Dual Core (2), Quad Core (4), Hexa Core (6), Deca Core (10). The latest one are Helio X20 and Helio X25 processors, which are mostly used in Chinese Brands like Xiaomi, Meizu, LeEco Le, Yu, etc. on Smartphones and Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Amazon Fire HD, QMobiles on Tablets. They are cheaper in price and produce less heat than Qualcomm and other processors.
- Kirin 960 – This processor is made by a Chinese company HiSilicon which is owned by Huawei. It is built on 64 bit ARM architecture on 16 nm FinFET technology and has 2.4 GHz speed. It has Mali G71 MP8 GPU which is almost 180% faster than its predecessor.
- Intel Atom – Intel is an American company best known for its microprocessors. Atom processors X5 and X7 are based on 64 bit X86 architecture which is powerful than the ARM but consumes more power and 14 nm in size with speeds up to 1.6 GHz to 2.4 GHz. Atom processors were previously supported only by Windows phones but now supported by all Asus Zenfone series is the only smartphone using Atom processors and Microsoft Surface, Asus, Dell, Lenovo and HP mainly used in the tablet.
Question 1. Which one is the fastest Snapdragon processor for smartphones mobiles?
Answer: Snapdragon 835/845 is the fastest among the all mobile processors in the market. Last year 835 processor was launched Samsung Galaxy S8 and this year Samsung Galaxy S9 is going to be the first phone to include Qualcomm’s new chip 845.
Question 2. Which one is the best octa core or quad core mobile processor?
Answer: Actually the between them is just the number of the cores. In quad core, each core can be put to work simultaneously on a given task. Whereas in octa core, they are two sets of quad core which split various tasks between them according to type.
Question 3. Which is the best processor for the mobile phones?
Answer: Qualcomm Snapdragon 834/845 are the best processors for the Android Smartphone. Exynos 9, A10 Fusion. Tegra X1, Helio X25, Kirin 960 and Intel Atom are the some other best mobile processors.
Question 4. Which one is a better mobile processor among Exynos or Snapdragon?
Answer: Exynos is owned by Samsung while the Snapdragon is belonging to Qualcomm. Both are considered as the fastest mobile processors in the world.
Question 5. What is more important the RAM or the Processor in a Smartphone?
Answer: Both are equally very important. Powerful or faster processors are responsible for fast instruction’s calculation and operations due to which app loading an overall performance of smartphone increases and provide smoothness in operation. While the larger RAM gives you the big space to handle more tasks at a time.